Wednesday 16 September 2015

Rainy days......


The weather hasn't been that bad, the rainy bit refers to a day a few years ago when I was in Edinbugh visiting some friends. I had traveled up on the train the weather was bright and sunny all the way up the minute the train entered the station the heavens opened and the rain didn't stop all the time I was there. I did manage to take a few photos though. 
Having lately got back into making things again I have negelected to some extent drawing and painting so got some paper stretched up ready to attempted a watercolour. Something I have done for some time. Decided I would work from a photo I took on that rainy day in Edinbugh.
I also have been watching Downton Abbey and needed to get up to date before the last series starts at the weekend. So instead of going into studio I sat on the sofa watching the last series on DVD while doing some drawing to work out the light and dark values in the photo.
Drawing one in pencil 

Drawing 2 using tinted charcoal 
Ready now to start painting in the morning. Will post again with further progress, watch this space

No comments:

Post a Comment