Monday 4 January 2016

Hiding in my workshop

Sunday was the first day for a while I had chance to spend as much time as I liked in my workshop. A few weeks ago I dried out some tea bags and cut them to take the tea out, what was left was a double "page" joined with one end of the crimped paper. I tried ink on them but it tended to bleed a little so they were coated with a thin layer of clear gesso. This stopped the bleeding but because of the nature of the tea bag you can still see the image on the back. The empty tea bag reminded me of book signatures so that's what I intend to with them bind the as I would a book not decided on the cover style yet. 
Next job was to try out some ways of doing backgrounds that we were shown in #the journey within.
Various ways of putting colour on a page so the White page becomes less intimidating . Only tried 4 different ones . They are just first layers so will be building up from them . 


No comments:

Post a Comment