Sunday 9 April 2017

Lost

After taking part in the "Artists around Wetherby" open studio event, I'm feeling a little lost. The event was good on the whole lots of positives, lovely visitors and some even bought stuff. Made a few contacts and the like and even organised having some paints in the local Methodist bookshop. The negatives were caused by the weather. It was hotter than last year, and in between weekends I left my display up. Big mistake some of the hard bound books got so hot that the boards warped and paper became wavy. My leather Journals were fine just some of the ones that had glue in them.


The other factor was the big storm on the first Saturday which resulted in a flash flood, the water in the back near my studio went very quickly but was over half an hour before the front garden cleared. Just as well I didn't have visitors at that time as they would have needed wellies to get in and out. 

 

So now I have a lot of ideas going around in my head, but that is as far as I have got. I need to get some stock built up again but........ lots of ideas.  Watch this space!!

No comments:

Post a Comment