Saturday 18 March 2017

A few more books......

Yet again a busy week, not all envolving making Books. Monday found me in Leeds had to collect some paperwork, so decided to take advantage of being in the city and have a walk around, years ago I was a collage here but over the years my visits here have been infrequent. Recently I have spent more time in the area around the art gallery, so this time decided to go and have a look around the markets and the corn exchange. Lots of new buildings around there and I was pleasently supprised and was impressed with the look of them. Was going to take photos only to find my camera was out of battery.  This is a view from the market showing the new building behind think they look stunning. In the corn exchange the is a great little craft shop, had a word with the owner and hopefully will be able to rent a shelf and have another out let for my work, have to send some images and fingers crossed get accepted.  Some of the time I did spend making books. Still almost on the upcycle theme, made a couple of books using the box my teabags come in to decorate the covers. Also made a couple of leather journals. Apart from adding bits to some paintings that's about it for this week. Next week I'm going away to the Dales will hopefully get inspired there. Also I'm going to a marbling workshop. So watch this space to find out how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment