Monday 27 November 2017

..... of tin and Morris dancers 

December is nearly upon us and I have been busy making things to restock for the crafts fairs that are held in the run up to the “C” word. So been making leather Journals and key rings, cards and calendars. The thing I have enjoyed the most came from a workshop I attended a while back, there I decorated a piece of tin. I have finally had the chance to make it into a book plate. It’s a very small book which is covered with thin leather. The binding is a “secret Belgian binding” . I enjoyed making this immensely and when I get get a chance I’m going to prepare some more tin to make covers.



Have also rejoined the Morris side I danced with years ago. This time I’m not dance but will be playing my Ukulele Bass. So far I’m just trying to learn the tunes and due to a family illness I have missed the last practice session. I’m determined to get back into it and improve my playing.

 My Bass with street amp.

I dug my old kit out of the loft. I used to be a heavy smoker when I last wore it and it still smells of smoke! So I’m going to dismantle it wash and save what I can and replace the rest. The hat has long gone so this new one needs some tarting up. Need to find a theme to decorate it. Maybe a Book art theme.

 Deffinatly seen better days.

 New hat is really in need of some bling.


Mean while I still have a few Christmas orders to complete. 


1 comment:

  1. oh Annie! First off WOW on that secret Belgian bound Tin book! I'm so intrigued! And a second WOW on the electric bass UKE!! I had no idea there was even such a thing... how about a video? ;-)

    ReplyDelete