Monday 6 November 2017

Time and tide wait for no man or book binder!

Where has this year gone? Bonfire night over and done with, next stop Christmas. Eeeeeek! This year has been good so far my business is growing all be it slowly. My family are all thriving. One daughter married the other moved out (for the second time) and although my son is still at home have been feeling a bit of the empty nest syndrome. 

That all sounds a bit negative but it really isn’t. I’m enjoying life and it’s ups and downs and work wise I’m enjoying that too. At the moment the work I’m doing feels a little fragmented, I’m spending time building my stock up while trying to get some seasonal stuff done too. Also a few orders on the go too. I tend to have lots of bits on the go, for instance I’ll glue a covering on book board to make a box, put it under weight, then get some pages ready for some tiny key ring books, then paint some backgrounds. 

One of the finished box’s this one was for a photographer friend who orders these to hold memory sticks to give them to her clients.

These are the mini key ring books I made for my craft stall perhaps for stocking fillers. Will put on my Etsy shop later in the week.

Some of the backgrounds I had ready for projects. They don’t look much but can be used for all sorts of things. I usually scan these before I use them then if there are any interesting bits I can use in textures for digital work. Or print to use again. Recently I saw a tutorial or Skill Share class by Herma Starreveld where she painted a few background papers and then tore them up stuck the bits on postcards and found and drew strange birds on them. So I decided to have a go. 

A selection of my images using this method. Was great fun I did about half a dozen and then a few landscape ones and some ATC size character ones. Some have found their way on to RedBubble  where they can be bought as mugs phone cases or studio pouches. 

This was one of the orders I had. It’s a present for this persons Mother. Here’s hoping she likes it. This is a square flexagon book. It opens open folds and then folds again to reveal 4 sides. I use four photos in each of these sides. I have made a few of these each for different occasions mainly to commemorate something or someone. For instance I made one for all for kids when my husband died. With photos of their Dad. These little books have their own little box to keep them in. 

This about sums up the bits and pieces I have been working on. Also colouring pages and Christmas cards and gift bags. Not many craft fairs left until Christmas. Then New Year and then wash rinse and repeat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment