Saturday 3 March 2018

Snow days.

Despite the the title there are no pictures of snow. The Uk has been almost at a stand still with the weather and the internet has 100s of pictures of the snow, so is just a brief tale of my snow days. Due to the Weather I took to my bed. Its warmer there so I was following the heat. 
 My cat came to join me and occasionally lent a paw. Lots of computer work and drawing got done.




One of the drawing I did, my cat Wolfgang (wolf). Yes I know I could only see his back end most of the time. So had to use a photo. Recently I have been using coloured pencils to draw with, ordinary pencils and watercolour pencils. Not sure which I prefer as yes yet both have there good and bad points.


This week was also the beginning of a new daily challenge this one only lasting a month. The idea is to create an oracle card a day from the prompts given. This is run by Kristen from over the moon academy. Look for otm_academy on instagram and join in so far been a lot of fun. Not having any blank cards I did drawings in a sketchbook and the digital made the cards. 

Been a useful exercise as I have used it to experiment with some new (new to me) software. Affinity photo, not that intuitive but promises to be a substitute forPhotoshop. So far its been many using for adding text, but putting some effort into learning it I'm sure will pay dividends.





Been a useful exercise as I have used it to experiment with some new (new to me) software. Affinity photo, not that intuitive but promises to be a substitute forPhotoshop. So far its been many using for adding text, but putting some effort into learning it I'm sure will pay dividends.




Still doing the daily sketch as well not always happy withe the results but they are what they are and as they are quick sketches or artwork that only takes around 10 mins. Next week I'm going to join another challenge to draw 100 people in a week. 
Watch this space will let you know how I get on, I might also give an up date on which type of coloured pencils I go for and see if I get to use Affinity Photo more or stick with Procreate.














































1 comment:

  1. lol, just like a cat to be the "live" model but you have to work from a photo while they're in the room!

    ReplyDelete