Saturday 15 August 2015

Away on my Jollys

 One more sleep and I'll be away on my Jollies. Not got any where too exotic, going up to the Yorkshire Dales for a few days. The idea is to do some walking and perhaps get so photos fo work with. Looking forward to the break mainly someone else cooking and the rest.
Saying that as I said in my last post I am enjoying myself and have had a productive week. 
Made "button hole" bound book using one of the papers I had prepared earlier in the week. Was a trial print with a geli plate. Also used some of the tea stained book pages to decorate the spine.






 


Then made a collection of thing from some blue leather bought on my trip out to search for a leather supplier a few weeks ago.

A large leather journal a small leather notebook with button fastening.





A key ring a pendant and some ear rings  from same leather and still some left to make a couple of small books .

Next up was a small envelope shaped note book using a small piece of leather from the same trip.

The last book was a new type of binding for me . Using tapes to attach the signatures to the covers. Love this binding will be using it a lot in the future. 


Well that's it for the time being. My shop has been closed for a few days will be open again Thursday. Although it will be next week before I get to photograph and add the latest books to it. 
Watch this space perhaps I could add to my blog while I'm away internet permitting. 









No comments:

Post a Comment