Monday 3 August 2015

The beginning of a journey


Over the last few years family stuff has kept me busy but I did manage to do some photography and digital art. Last year things changed in a big way, for family reasons I gave up work and then things changed again. Suddenly I had free time and no job. Approaching 60, I decided to go back to art work and generally making stuff. 
How things have changed since I was at art school. Lots of new materials, learning technics has become easier, lots of videos and information out there just to dig into.
At first I was looking into mixed media things that I could perhaps incorporate my photography and digital stuff. 
This was the first photo I used and although not brilliant it spurred me on.

   

After that I played around with lots of media with varying success. Then I discovered book binding.
I needed a sketch book but couldn't see what I wanted. This lead me to YouTube and the bug bit.
At first lots of mistakes but as with everything it got better. 
Lots of different styles of book binding. Different folds to try. I had found some thing my photography was made for.
A few artist books later got into up cycling books
I have enjoyed this immensely and have since been making other artist books also notebooks that have my photos on and leather journals and lots of different types of books.
This has helped me decide to open an on line shop. This is happen in the next day or too.
The purpose of the blog is to record my journey into the Arts and Crafts world and hopefully as time goes on I can see the improvements. 

1 comment: