Wednesday 7 February 2018

....... there and back again.

This week is going so fast not as yet made it into my studio but at least have been doing bits and bobs in front of tv ie. my daily sketch and a little photo editing. The being of the week I’m often envoled in things with other people and on Wednesday I look after my grand daughter. 

Yesterday had a great day out with my eldest daughter, we had a trip out to the Hepworth Gallery in Wakefield. Although it’s not far from where I live I have never managed to get there. It’s set at the side of the Calder and Hebble Navigation canal.

The first view of the building with an old barge and the orange buoys marking out where the weir starts.



Water terrifies me and fascinates me in equal amounts. 
I love old barges but would never step onto one.

 
We passed this scary guy on the way over the bridge to the gallery, perhaps it’s Neptune ? Well he has got a crown!

The galley is modern and there is a feeling of it being spacious. The Artists featured in the gallery are in the main modern artists and Yorkshire artists are well represented. They included Henry More, David Hockney and of cause Barbara Hepworth. Hepworth was born in Wakefield and the gallery is build around a collection of her tools and there’s a whole gallery showing her process and explains different types of casting. 




Some examples of Hepworth work.

We paid a visit to the cafe where we had some impressive roast artichoke soup. Yum yum. Then called in the gift shop and I bought some Oracle cards. I’m doing the “Pull pen paint  class run by Kiala Givehand so thought I’d like to get a new pack. This pack is based around famous artists.




No comments:

Post a Comment