Saturday 27 January 2018

“ Darkness”

Over the past few months I haven,t made nearly enough “artist” books. This month I thought I would start the year of with joining the #areyoubookenough challenge. This months theme is darkness. Here is what I came up with
This is the front and back of the book. The cover is just plain black card. With a colophon on the back stating Author and date and the inspiration for the book. 

There are 5 double spreads in the book each with a quote about darkness.

This is the first page which originally was going to be the quote on the cover and is the only page which hasn’t a pop up or some sort of interaction.
Spread 2. “Better to light a candle that to curse the darkness “.  Chinese Proverb

Spread 3 “Fear grows in the darkness, if you think there’s a bogeyman around turn on the light.”  Dorothy Thompson

Spread 4 “Everyone is a moon and has a dark side which he never shows to anyone.”  Mark Twain

“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first and is waiting for it”. Terry Pratchett. 

I really enjoyed this challenge and exploring some basic paper engineering crude as my first attempts are. I love being a book artist and I’m very privileged to be able to do this work. 

Watch this space! 









No comments:

Post a Comment